Doshii provides a WooCommerce plugin that enables connection between your online store and your POS; making sure that orders from your website can flow directly into your kitchen. Here are the steps to help you get started with the Doshii WooCommerce plugin.
Get Started with Doshii
If you don't already have a Doshii account, head over to https://doshii.com and click the Get Connected button to create an account. You will be asked for information about your venue and POS provider and then you can request a connection to WooCommerce.
If you are an existing Doshii customer, you just need to log in to your account here and request a connection to WooCommerce.
How to Install the Doshii WooCommerce Plugin
The plugin can be installed one of 2 ways:
1. WordPress Plugin registry
Installation of the WooCommerce plugin is performed via your Wordpress plugin manager.
- Under Plugins, click on the Add New button and search for Doshii
- Click the Install Now button on the Doshii plugin to download, and then Activate once installed
2. Plugin manual upload
Installation of the WooCommerce plugin is as normal, via your Wordpress plugin manager.
- Under Plugins, click on the Add New button
- Upload the Plugin installation package provided by Doshii support
- Click on the 'Install Now' button
- Activate the Plugin
This will complete installation and activation of the WooCommerce plugin.
Configure the WooCommerce Plugin
1. On activating the WooCommerce plugin, under Settings you will now have Doshii Settings. Click on this menu option. On the first tab (Settings), you will need to provide some information to help configure the plugin.
- The Server URL needs to be left as the default https://woocommerce-live.doshii.co unless instructed by Doshii Support.
- Your Location ID will be provided to you by Doshii support.
In the event you have an extensive list of POS menu items you may wish to use Doshii's Menu Management functionality to limit the items you import to only the items you wish to sell on WooCommerce. You will need to have access to Doshii Dashboard in order to link items from your POS menu to WooCommerce, and you should review our Support Guide on how to use Menu Management.
If you would like to use Doshii's menu management to only import items you wish to sell with WooCommerce, you should ensure that the Use Menu Management checkbox is ticked. Otherwise, leave this box unchecked.
- Click on Save Options once you have entered in the appropriate values.
Initialise the Doshii integration
Once you have updated and saved the details on the first tab, access the Initialisation tab and supply the location token for the venue you are planning to connect (this can be obtained via the Doshii Dashboard or by speaking with Doshii Support). This will initialise the connection between your WooCommerce site and the Doshii platform.
Once the token has been provided, click the Initialise button. A message will be displayed if it is successful, at which point you can then synchronise the menu.
NB: This initialisation step should only need to be done once per installation, after that the plugin will be setup and ready for use.
Sync Doshii Menu
After saving the appropriate details and initialising the integration you can proceed to Sync Doshii Products via the Menu tab. Depending on if you ticked Use Menu Management earlier, this will either retrieve from Doshii all of your POS menu items (unchecked) or just the items in your filtered menu (checked). If you are using Menu Management, you will need to have filtered your items prior to completing this Sync Doshii Product step.
Doshii Support is happy to help with filtering out unwanted menu items from WooCommerce, so just let us know if you need assistance by contacting email@example.com
Map your POS menu items to WooCommerce items
On completing the menu sync your POS products will now be available to map against WooCommerce Items. You will need to go through all the menu items you sell in WooCommerce and ensure they have a corresponding POS menu item linked. The linked Doshii menu product is what will be sent to your kitchen printers and your POS when a customer orders the corresponding WooCommerce item.
Simple and Variable Products
For WooCommerce products that are classified as Simple or Variable the linking of a Doshii product item is performed in the same way.
- Select the product from the list.
- In the product details page, select on the Linked Products. Here you will see a Doshii Product drop down list.
- Select the Doshii item that best matches the WooCommerce product and save.
The WooCommerce product may also translate to a modifier or option in the POS. If so, Doshii provides the ability to map this accordingly by selecting the appropriate option group , and option.
Doshii presently does not support products in WooCommerce that are defined as a Grouped Product.
Exporting and Importing Products
The Doshii plugin supports exporting and importing WooCommerce products for bulk editing of the Doshii Product Map.
Doshii Support can assist you to map out your POS items with your WooCommerce products, if you provide Doshii with your WooCommerce product export.
Exporting WooCommerce Products
- Login to your WooCommerce Admin console. Click on Products -> All Products
- On the Products page, click on the Export button.
- On the Export page:
- under 'Which columns should be exported?' select columns 'ID', 'SKU', 'Name', 'Short Description', 'Product Description' and 'Doshii Product Map'. For Doshii Product Map column to be available ensure the Doshii plugin is enabled.
- under 'Which product types should be exported' select 'Simple product' and 'Variable product'. Doshii cannot support other product types.
- Click on the Generate CSV button. This will download a CSV file of your WooCommerce products.
- Provide the CSV file exported to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help map out your items, and provide you the CSV back once ready.
Importing WooCommerce Products
To import the WooCommerce products with the Doshii Product Map column filled out, follow these steps:
- Login to your Woocommerce Admin console. Click on Products -> All Products
- On the Products page, click on the Import button.
- On the Import Products page upload the CSV to import, and ensure Update existing products is checked. Press the Continue button.
- Ensure the Column names are mapped to the correct WooCommerce product columns. Click on the Run the Importer button.
- The Importer will alert you to how many products were updated and imported.
- Once the Import is complete you will note on the Products page the Doshii Product Id column has the item Ids imported.
Viewing the status of Order Submission to the POS
Once the Doshii integration plugin has been enabled and products are mapped, orders submitted in WooCommerce will begin to flow directly to the POS at your venue. This will be transparent to the customer workflow, and if the integration fails for any particular reason the customer order will still proceed. If for some reason the order hasn't reached your POS, in order to check integration status you can use the WooCommerce orders screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Doshii update WooCommerce's Stock Availability?
The Doshii plugin provides a one way connection to your Point of Sale. This ensures when orders are submitted by customers, they flow directly into your POS and kitchen printers. Since the Doshii plugin can map your POS items to your WooCommerce products, stock levels in the POS are automatically maintained as orders are submitted. However, inventory levels and stock availability is not available from the POS to Doshii. In the meantime, this means Doshii can not provide updates to WooCommerce stock availability and this needs to be managed manually.