Doshii uses WebSockets and Webhooks to maintain notifications between POS and Partner Apps. For Non-Cloud POS, each Websocket connection represents a venue location.
In commencing your integration with the Doshii POS API, the follow sequence should be followed:
- Connecting to a location.
- For Webhook and Cloud-based POS with central Websocket connection, once a Location has been created by the Doshii onboarding team and we are ready to connect with your POS, you will receive a location_created event over your Webhook or Websocket connection.
- For On-Prem Websocket connections, Our customer success team will reach out to you to provide details.
- With the Hashed LocationID from the location_created event, you will be able to call the Get Location endpoint to get the location’s token, used for JWT authentication.
- If your POS supports venue operational hours you may optionally assign operating hours via the Update Operating Hours endpoint.
- If your POS supports multiple POS terminals within a venue location you will register these using the Create POS Terminal endpoint.
- If using Websockets, you will be able to commence sending heartbeats to Doshii. This is how we monitor the connectivity and health of the POS system at the location. Once this is up and running, you are able to synchronise additional venue details with us.
- Synchronise the menu using the Create Menu endpoint.
- Synchronise the tables using the Create Table endpoint.
Please sign in to leave a comment.