The following is a glossary of some of the specific language and terms used by Doshii:
- Location: A shop with an address
- Sometimes colloquially referred to as a Venue
- Eg: Tony's Pub, Brunswick
- POS: Point of Sale. The terminal/device/touchscreen in the Location.
- Cashier: The operator using the POS at the Location
- App: An application using Doshii to access the POS
- Was previously known as a Partner but we now believe an App and Partner are different entities
- Eg: Order Fast by Tony's Apps
- Vendor: The company that develops the POS software used at the Location
- Eg: Impos, H&L, or Starrtec
- Organisation: A top-level entity representing multiple Locations and/or Apps
- A Partner would be an Organisation
- Eg: Tony's Apps or Tony's Pubs
- Consumer: The person booking, ordering, eating, etc..
- Surcount: Surcharge/Discount. Positive or negative number used to change the Item price
- Item: Anything sold by the Location
- Eg: Schnitzel
- Option: A collection of related Variants with restrictions
- Eg: Sauces (Min: 0, Max: 1)
- Variant: One of the choices available for a given Option
- Eg: Napolitana, Pepper, Mushroom, Diane
- Menu: Collection of all Items and Surcounts for a Location available to Apps
- Order: Representation of all Items the Consumer has requested
- Transaction: A payment or a refund
- Booking: A record of a Consumer intention to be in the Location at a given time
- Also referred to as a Reservation
- Checkin: Represents a Consumer physically in the Location
- Points: For loyalty integrators, one point is equal to one cent. This may vary depending on how the Partner Application has implemented their point system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.