Doshii has a brand new way to seamlessly manage your supported App menus going live shortly.
Supported Apps are currently: Uber Eats, DoorDash, Skip, Loke, HeyYou and Yesterday.
For a comprehensive guide to using our NEW Menu Management tools, please view this article, which contains a how-to video that runs for around 25 minutes.
Time poor? We've created short and sharp articles for our new Menu Management tools, so you can jump straight to the section you need to know about!
If you've used Doshii Dashboard previously and want to continue using it, or you have advanced menu needs, continue reading to learn how to use Doshii Dashboard for managing your menu.
Using Doshii Dashboard to manage your menu
Doshii Dashboard allows you to link and describe each item on your Menu, step-by-step.
When you log into your Dashboard, you will be able to view your Menu, as received by Doshii from your POS. As your POS is not customer facing, you will notice that there are many abbreviations or notations that may not be instantly recognisable by a customer.
For example, for the item with POS ID 110000203, the product name is Half Half:
As part of your Menu Management, you will need to choose which items you want to link to your Ordering App, how you want to describe them to your customers in a meaningful way and what options each item has.
You do not have to link each item on your Menu to an Ordering App - the choice of what to offer is controlled by you. Additionally, using our Advanced Guide to Doshii Menu Management you can customise the variants of each Menu item.
This guide covers the most commonly used features of the Menu Management Dashboard that Venues use when setting up their Menu with their Ordering Apps. There are many additional features to further customise your Menu if desired - please reach out to Doshii Customer Support if you wish to learn more.
How do I access my menu?
- Visit: https://dashboard.doshii.io and log into your account.
- You will now be logged into the Dashboard and will see the Organisation details. To find your Venue, look to the left hand side of the screen for your Venue name: in our example, the Venue is named Classic Restaurant. Click the down arrows to view options for the Venue:
- To view the Menu for your Venue, click on Menu:
- You are now viewing the Menu for your Venue, as received from your POS. Depending on your POS, you may notice that there are missing details, abbreviations, there may be no description of an item. When you link an item with an Ordering App, you can customise the description for each item of your Menu.
There are 4 columns that you will need to review and/or edit for each item you want to add to your Ordering App:
- Product: the name of your item
- Description: a full description of each item
- Price: per item
- Tags: the category of the item, eg breakfast, lunch, starters
How do I add images?
The Doshii Menu Management Dashboard also allows you to add images to your Menu items, if desired. Depending on your POS, your venue may already have images showing in your Menu Management Dashboard. If you are happy with the image, no further action is required, as when you link your item, the image for your Venue Menu item will be the default image for your item in your Ordering App. If no images are showing, or you would like a different image used, images can be added in two different locations:
- In the Venue Menu
- In the Ordering App Menu
Adding images in the Venue Menu
- To add an image to your Menu item in your Venue Menu, locate the item in your Venue Menu
- Click on the Upload Image icon:
- Your File Explorer will open and you can select the photo for the Menu item from the location you have saved it. Click Open:
- Your image will be added to your Menu item:An image in your Venue Menu is your default image. If you have an image in your Venue Menu that you are happy with, you do not need to take any further action. If you have already linked your item to your Ordering App, this image will flow through to your item on your Ordering App. If you update the Venue Menu item image, this will automatically update the image for your item in your Ordering Apps, provided you have not added a specific image to your Ordering App.
In the Ordering App Menu
If you would like a different image from your default image to be displayed with your Menu item in your Ordering App, you can add a specific image to your item in the Ordering App Menu.
- Switch to view the Ordering App Menu. To change to the Ordering App Menu, click the blue box at the top of your screen and select your Ordering App:
- Locate the Menu item that you want to add and/or change an image. In the below example, the Menu item already has an image from the Venue Menu.
- Click the Upload Image icon
- Your File Explorer will open and you can select the photo for the Menu item from the location where you have saved it. Click Open:
- Your image will then be added to your Menu item:This image is specific to your Ordering App and will not change unless you repeat the above process with a different image.
If you have many items on your Menu, you can easily search for an item by using the search function - you can search by ID, Product or Description. Simply type in the box and press enter. If you wish to search across all three categories, you can enter your search term in the box below Product.
Most descriptions in the Menu item can be edited. To check if a field can be changed, simply click in the field. If you can edit it, you will be able to type your desired description and then click the green tick to save your changes.
Initial POS Values
There is value in retaining some of the initial values that your POS provides. If you have not changed the values and your POS provides an update, these changes will flow through to your linked items in your Ordering App. This can be useful for item price, for example. If you have changed these fields, understand that changes received by the POS will not automatically flow through to your linked Menu items.
For further information about this, please contact Doshii Customer Support at email@example.com with any queries.